Nominations 2022 Sproat Lake Community Association
Terms of Reference for Elected Position of:
Sproat Lake Community Association President; 1st Vice-President; 2nd Vice-President; Treasurer; Secretary and 8 Directors-At-Large.
To start, all Sproat Lake Community Association Executive (SLCA) positions are elected by the residents of Sproat Lake. And present by majority vote at the SLCA Annual General Meeting. In case of a tie vote a second ballot is taken. If the tie persists, election results are determined by a draw from the second ballots, by the officials. All elected positions serve until the next Sproat Lake Community Association’s Annual General Meeting, and is eligible for re-election.
It shall be the duty of the following positions to:
- Encourage and facilitate discussion and the exchange of views. And, if possible, to achieve consensus prior to putting an issue to a vote.
- The President and/or Vice-Presidents are responsible for Chairing the Board meetings.
- Put to a vote all motions, which are regularly moved and duly seconded, or necessarily arise in the course of proceedings, and to announce the result.
- Keep Directors as well as members of the public, at public meetings, within the Roberts rules of order. If any person behaves improperly or disrupts the orderly proceedings of a meeting, of the Board, the Chair or Acting Chair shall ask that person to leave.
- Authenticate by signature, when necessary, all resolutions, correspondence, and minutes of the Board.
1st Vice-President & 2nd Vice-President
- Presides at the Board meeting if the President is absent from the meeting.
- The Vice-Presidents have all the rights, duties, and responsibilities, of the Chair, while presiding at Board meetings.
- The Treasurer shall keep manage all SLCA general financial oversite, banking, bookkeeping and record keeping, cash management, deposits or disbursements including the provision of financial reports as required.
- The secretary shall record minutes of all SLCA Director, general and annual general meeting. Provide correspondence when required.
- There shall be up to (7 to 10) Directors who shall attend SLCA Director meetings, SLCA General Meetings and the SLCA Annual General Meeting.
- Shall participate in discussion, provide, and vote on motions.
NOTE: – Any Director may be dismissed from their position for misrepresentation, illegal activity, or not attending more than 3 consecutive meetings without SLCA Director approval.
– There shall be a Special Resolution at the SLCA AGM Monday, February 28th, 2022 to increase the number of SLCA Directors from 12 to 15 members.
Nominations for 2022 Sproat Lake Community Association Directors. Deadline Friday February 25th, 2022.
Elections will be held at the virtual SLCA AGM Monday, February 28th, 2022 at 7 pm.
Candidate Nomination for:
|Director At Large|
Check position for nomination
(Personal information will not be shared with the public)
In addition, commitment for elected SLCA Directors is attendance/participation annually to 6 – 8 as needed SLCA Director meetings, SLCA General Meetings, and the SLCA Annual General Meeting.
To end, if there is an overabundance of nominations on the slate, there could be an election for any positions if required. Any Executive Director positions not filled may be appointed by the SLCA Executive to fill.
Please submit your application to email@example.com or drop off at the Alberni-Clayoquot Regional District office by 4:00 pm Friday, February 25th, 2022 deadline.