Weddings, Parties,Meetings & More
The Sproat Lake Community Hall is located at 9346 Bomber Base Road, Port Alberni, BC.
Rental of the Hall requires completion of a Rental Agreement form. Applicants are required to obtain appropriate insurance, certificates and / or permits. Please see below for our Rental Regulations.
Hall rental fees are waived for Youth groups. Fees for other non-profit events i.e. Sproat Lake Community improvements events may be waived by approval of the Board of Directors. Non-profit user fees (i.e. Pickleball) are required to cover Hall maintenance expense. User groups are required to complete a User Group agreement.
Hall Rental Rates
|Hourly & Daily Rentals||Fee||Refundable Damage Deposit|
|Hall Only: Hourly (2hr Minimum)||$25/hr||$100|
|Hall Only: Per Day||$250/day||$100|
|Tables & Chairs||Included|
|Two Day Rentals*||Fee||Refundable Damage Deposit|
|Hall, Kitchen and Bar||$750/2 days||$500|
|Tables & Chairs||Included|
|Hourly Cleaning Charge||$50/hour|
|*A two day event is considered to be a 48 hr. rental i.e. noon Friday to noon Sunday. Additional fees apply if additional time is booked.|
|Table &/or Chair Rentals*||Fee||Refundable Damage Deposit|
|8 Foot Folding Table||$10/each||$100 (once per rental agreement)|
|Folding Chair||$1/each||$100 (once per rental agreement)|
|*Rental of tables or chairs is restricted to Sproat Lake residents. Tables/chairs must be picked up and returned after cleaning by the renter.|
- Parties renting facilities will be responsible for any damage beyond the normal wear and tear occurring during the hours of rental, also for any missing articles or equipment.
- Any damage must be reported immediately to the custodian in charge of rentals.
- At the time of booking, the damage deposit must be paid to secure reservation. All rental fees must bepaid prior to use of facilities.
- In the event of cancellation, booking deposit will be refunded if a minimum of 48 hrs notice is given.
- Parties must restrict their activities to only those portions of the hall stated in the contract. The renter will be charged at the regular rates for use of any portion not authorized.
- Parties renting facilities must limit decorations. No staples, tacks, nails or duck tape are to be used on the walls. Use masking tape or ‘Command’ strips only.
- The premise must be vacated by 2:00 AM, unless otherwise arranged, and the renter will be responsible for lock-up.
- It is recommended that music be booked to end 1⁄2 hour before vacating. The Sproat Lake Community Association assumes no responsibility for instruments or other equipment stored on property before or after or during event.
- Renter is responsible for any and all complaints and will be subject to termination of rental and may be subject to regional violation fines.
- Renter is responsible for obtaining event insurance ($2 million minimum) as per agreement.
- If Kitchen is to be used, proof of Food Safe is required
- If Bar is to be used, Liquor permit and Serve it Right is required.
Note: All current Health Safety protocols at time of event must be adhered to.
- The renter is expected to have all garbage & recyclables bagged and removed from the premise, tables and chairs cleaned, stacked and general cleanup of the hall floors and refrigerators and counters. Failure to comply will cost the renter a $50 per hour clean up fee.
- ABSOLUTELY no confetti allowed. There will be a $50 per hour clean up fee.
- The facility must be cleaned up as per check list and everything in connection with the rental removed by 12 noon the next day, unless other wise arranged with the custodian in charge of rentals.
- Damage deposit will be returned after caretaker has keys returned and clean up has been approved.
- Any damage to premise not covered above the damage deposit will result in a charge to the renter to cover cost of damage.
Post Event Checklist
☐Masking tape or ‘Command’ strips must be removed.
Note: this is the only approved material for use
☐When moving tables and chairs, they must be lifted as dragging them will damage floor.
☐Wipe down tables of any spills and return to the storage cart under the stage
☐Chairs to be wiped down of any spills and returned to back storage room
☐Sweep floors and spot mop for any spills. Brooms, dust pan, mop and garbage can are located in breezeway
☐All garbage & recyclables to be bagged and removed unless otherwise agreed upon Note: Excessive amount of garbage may result in additional fees
☐Renter is responsible to remove all items brought into the hall
☐Perimeter grounds to be cleared of all garbage including cigarette butts
Note: The Hall is a smoke-free building. Smoking is allowed only in designated areas. All fire
restrictions must be obeyed
☐ Heater and lights to be shut off when leaving
☐ Keys returned
☐ All dishes washed and returned to the cupboards
☐ Counters and sinks wiped down
☐ Refrigerator clean and empty of all items brought in
☐ Garbage & recyclables removed
☐ Doors all closed and locked
☐ Counters, sinks and toilets left clean
☐ Remove garbage
☐ Sweep floors and spot mop for any spills
Together we can make a difference and contribute to the betterment of our community!
Don’t be the last to know!
Signup for news & updates
We want to share a significant initiative that’s being undertaken by the ACRD – the development of the first-ever Active Transportation Network Plan (ATNP) for Sproat Lake, Electoral Area D. This plan holds great potential for enhancing our community’s trail systems, creating better connections, and catering to a wider range of needs. Creating a Connected
What a day it was at the 70th Anniversary BBQ Celebration! We were thrilled to see over 200 of our incredible community members come together for a day of live music, delicious BBQ, fun, and togetherness. The energy was great, and the memories we created will surely last until we meet again. Photos of the
Get ready and mark your calendars for a momentous occasion! We, at the Sproat Lake Community Association are thrilled to announce our 70th-anniversary celebration – an event filled with joy, togetherness, and fond memories. Join us for a spectacular BBQ bash as we commemorate seven decades of community spirit and camaraderie! Event Highlights: Delicious BBQ
“As we embrace the digital era, we understand the importance of having a dynamic online platform to connect and engage with our members, both near and far.”
“The Sproat Lake Community Association is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our Social Committee, and we invite you to consider becoming a valued volunteer.”
“We are thrilled to introduce our new board members, who will join our returning directors in steering the association toward continued success.”