01-24-2022 SLCA DIRECTORS MEETING
Monday January 24th, 2022, at 7 pm
Meeting called to order at: 7:05pm
Present: Bette Broome, Greg Steele, Brian Cote, Rene Lacousiere, Geo Monrufet, Heidi Zimmermann, Veronique Jager, Mark Molander, Linda Bowers, Danielle Marley, Mark Marley, Nancy Harvey. ACRD Director: Penny Cote
Regrets: Linda Bowers, Roger Loggins
Recorder: Nancy Harvey
Treasurer’s Report: distributed via email. Brian Cote motioned approval, Linda Bowers second. Carried
Secretary Report: Linda Bowers – Minutes attached for receipt. Bette Broome motioned approval, second by Rene Lacoursiere
Multi-use Court report: Failed concrete to be replaced this spring.
SL Community Hall:
– COVID-19 SL Community Hall is open with Covid protocol in place. Cleaning is being done on a regular schedule.
- Front deck expansion proposal has applied for building permit. Rene will submit payment to ACRD.
- Still to complete basement ceiling and bar storage area, to be addressed in spring.
- Hall security system. Discussion on setting the alarm and codes. Priority for new Directors post AGM.
Road Committee: No report
Hall Rental Committee: No report
Sproatlakecommunityassociation.com will support the SLCA AGM with reports, minutes, applications, etc. Should Treasurer’s report be attached? Yes. Heidi will attach to minutes in future.
- SLCA AGM and Elections for February 28th, 2022 via Zoom with assistance from the ACRD.
- Special Resolution for an increase in SLCA Directors from 12 to 15.
- ACRD Sort’nGo survey and Open House 2 SL Community Hall Thursday, January 24th, 2022.
- BC Assessments 42.68% average increase
- Mosaic harvest plan and tour, date tba.
A new group;
- Sproat Lake Woodlands Assoc has been developed in response to recent cuts along Stirling. Mark Molander will draft letter to Mosaic for review by the SLCA for submission.
- Heidi suggests all letters sent should be included on the website – general agreement.
- Great Central Lake boat launch debris removal. Concern over way it was done, Danielle will draft a letter regarding completing the cleanup.
- Great Central Lake is planning a Fishing Derby April 15/16 & will be donating proceeds to ‘Learn to Fish’.
- SL Community Hall heating: Motion by Linda Bowers: that the building committee move forward and investigate heating solutions for the hall. Second Danielle Marley. Carried
- SL Community Hall security system (as above)
- What to do with old chairs?
- SPROAT LAKE COMMUNITY HALL sign and address and sign board to acknowledge donation and trades from renovations.
- Committee to install playground on upper field at SL Hall on hold
- Weir plates update; Penny discussed with Jason Seabrook from Catalyst, plates are going back in in the spring.
- Derelict dock and float home removal and investigation for a solution. The problem continues, conversations on-going.
- Future Social Committee on hold
- Unauthorized RV’s along Great Central Lake Road. Penny will check on status of ACRD bylaw enforcement on this complaint.