Sproat Lake Volunteer Appreciation December 12, 2022
Volunteers were asked to make comment on …….
What is your favourite part of Sproat Lake?
- Taylor Arm Rec & Area
Enjoy – water quality excellent
Draw to bring out family visits.
– Complaint – Wake Boters
Wave action on docks & boats
- Fishing on the Lake
- Seems like some of the full time residents would enjoy a couple community Hall events – could use as a fundraiser/social.
– Trails are all fantastic and great feed back how much people are enjoying.
– Roads are in Rough shape
– End on a positive Best view on the lake is sitting in the middle looking Down Taylor.
- X2 – Functional Dock/Boar Launch.
Great Central Lake.
- Enjoy Lakeshore Trail Almost Daily.
– Enjoy Trails Around the Lake Especially to Ward Lake.
– Many changes for the Better.
- 2023 Add in tax for non-lake residents (Great Central/Bell Road) to match Area D.
– Extend Lakeshore Trail West of Weiner Creek.
- Hall Priorities
#2 Basement Storage
#3 Heating – Grant
#4 Court Fence & Perimeter – Grant
- Extend trail along Faber to Stirling Arm Drive
– Police presence on lake during the summer.
– work with Mosaic to avoid clearcuts along roads.
- Clean water
Peach fullness rural lifestyle. Beautiful Trails.
– More Functions at Hall
– Flea markets.
- *Love our Natural Resource*
– Needs: Increased RCMP presence on the water to deter unsafe boating.
– Bylaw/OCP changes – Direct mail out to all residents to inform them of changes & new requirements.
_ By-law enforcement – Proactive not Reactive.
- Continue trail around Lakeshore, Stirling Arm.
– Develop trails between Faber, Ash Main, Stirling Arm.
– Develop Sproat Falls Area on Hector Road side.
- Sproat Lake heating hall.
– Water testing.
– Keep water clear- clean.
- Policy – re what is not allowed:
– 1. Campers/RV on property- part time.
– Often unknown – need to make owners aware.
- We moved to the Alberni Valley because of the lake.
– Our priority is to ensure that the lake is kept pristine for all residents and visitors to enjoy.
– All lake users must be respectful in their use of the lake.
- Tennis Courts upgrade
– Cougar Smith Park.
- I love the people I have met, old and new friends.
– I hope the future continues to include clean water, lake access forests and a place of rest and fun.
– A summer bbq would be fun.
- If there are histories that have been collected about our community, I would like to see them made accessible. May on the website.
- Increase the presence of Authority on lake behavior.
– Preserve the Quality of the Lake.
Thank you to the many Sproat Lake Volunteers and your community dedication and participation. I look forward to working with you all supporting our community healthy, safe, lifestyle, environment, and resources. Happy 2023.
Alberni-Clayoquot Regional District
Sproat Lake Electoral Area Director