SPROAT LAKE COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION DIRECTORS’ MEETING
WED. 06-26-2019 at 7 pm
SPROAT LAKE COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
Attending: Greg Steel, Joe VanBergen, Brian Cote, Geo Monrufet, Rene Lacoursiere, Linda Bowers, Stan Kujala, Mark Marley, Nancy Harvey, Paul Andrews
ACRD REP: Penny Cote
Regrets: John Mayba, Ann Taylor, Roger Logins, Heidi Zimmermann, Chris Law, Bet Broom
Called to order: Greg Steel 7:10p.m.
Treasurer’s Report: Rene gave update on Hall reno expenses. Report attached.
MOTION BY PAUL ANDREWS 2NDBY BRIAN COTE APPROVAL OF ATTACHED TREASURER REPORT WITH $80K APPROVAL FOR EXTRA GRANT…CARRIED
MOTION BY NANCY HARVEY 2NDBY MARK MARLEY FOR ALL BILLS TO BE PAID.…CARRIED
MOTION BY RENE LACOURSIERE THAT THE MINUTES BE ADOPTED AS CIRCULATED BY EMAIL 2NDBY GEO MONRUFET…CARRIED
06-26-2019 SL Community Hall Report:
Mark Marley presented report on Hall Reno progress.
Quote from Great Central Holdings Ltd. Re Access ramp for back door $5,450.00.
Mark stepped out while Directors discussed quote for next phase of Hall Renovation. Kitchen Renovations
MOTION BY NANCY HARVEY 2NDBY STAN KUJALA TO AUTHORIZE BUILDING COMMITTEE TO REVIEW AND APPROVE PAYMENT TO MAHOE CONSTRUCTION UPON COMPLETION OF 2NDPHASE OF RENOVATION. BATHROOMS AND PASSAGEWAY, EXTERIOR DOORS AND HOT WATER ON DEMAND….CARRIED
MOTION BY NANCY HARVEY 2NDBY GEO MONRUFET FOR COMPLETION OF SL COMMUNITY HALL RENOVATIONS TO INCLUDE KITCHEN RENOVATIONS AS QUOTED $46,240 PLUS APPLIANCES BY MAHOE CONSTRUCTION….CARRIED
MOTION BY JOE VAN BERGEN 2NDBY BRIAN COTE TO ACCEPT GREAT CENTRAL HOLDINGS LTD. QUOTE FOR ACCESS RAMP FOR BACK DOOR $5,450.00…CARRIED
MOTION BY JOE VANBERGEN 2NDBY NANCY HARVEY TO PROCEED WITH PLANNING AND COSTING ESTIMATES FOR FRONT DECK UP TO $5,000……CARRIED
Penny to find out about the survey of Hall property.
Mark returned to meetings
Mark to work with Penny on appliances
SL Road Report: .No Report
SL Parks Report: No Report
06-26-2019 New Business:
- Hall rental committee to meet and set up cleaning schedule. Nancy Harvey, Greg Steel & Penny Cote.
- Joe Van Bergen suggested Karen Biere for bi weekly cleaning.
- MOTION BY RENE LACOURSIERE 2NDBY JOE VAN BERGEN TO REFER HALL MAINTENANCE CONTRACT FOR CLEANING TO THE RENTAL COMMITTEE, WCB REQUIRED……CARRIED
- Geo and Stan to come up with solution for transporting Geo’s Lawn Mower.
- Fire smart clean up not very satisfactory. Brian approached Fire Dept. and not happy with results.
- Upper field gate key for security to be secured
- Bleachers were donated for Pickleball outside
- Rail Wheels and Axles are most likely on Mosaic property. Interested parties should contact them.
- Picnic table ends to be utilized for ramp fill.
- Water Bomber Anker safety issue brought up by Stan Kujala. Penny Cote to contact Coulsen.
Discussion: Rec lot designation from Residential by TUP for information.
Sproat Lake Water Quality– Group Water Test July 8, 2019.
Review and update Terms of Reference and develop an asset management plan with Societies Act and update rental agreements and procedures and SLCA terms of reference.
SLCA General Meeting for community July 18, 2019.
Mark to investigate hiring a painter for hall
Need for X Lock Box. Mark Marley to investigate and cost.