SPROAT LAKE COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION ANNUAL
MONDAY, February 24TH, 2020 AT 7:00 PM
Sproat Lake Community Hall on Bomber Base Road off Lakeshore Road
New format included Open House at 6:30 pm to present community information and volunteer opportunities. Open House continued after the 2020 SLCA AGM was successful.
Welcome to all residents of the Sproat Lake Area
- The February 24th, 2020 SLCA Annual General Meeting called to order : 7:10 pm. by Greg Steel
- Adoption of the agenda:No additions
- Minutes of the February 25th, 2019 SLCA Annual General Meeting: Accepted as distributed Motion: Joe Van Bergen, 2nd Mark Marley
- Treasurer’s Report: Rene Lacoursiere – attached to agenda, overview presented by Rene. Motion to adopt Roberta Jensen 2nd Larry McMann
- Delegates, Petitions & Presentations
- Alberni-Clayoquot Regional District (ACRD) tax requisition for the 2020 – 2024 Property Tax
- Presenter – ACRD Staff Teri Fong(Financial Management), – Draft budget copies available at the ACRD office or acrd.bc.ca or at the SLCA AGM (add link to PP presentation?)
- Presenter – Mike Irg (Planning Management) – ACRD staff report on Short Term Vacation Rental – Temporary Use Permit Policy
- ACRD staff report on proposed ticketing bylaw
- ACRD staff update on hydrology flood assessment for Sproat Lake
- Sproat Lake Volunteer Fire Department (SLVFD) review Chris Wynans
- Sproat Lake Parks and Trail Commission report: Joe Lamoureux Chair
Cougar Smith park spruced up – currently looking to refresh asphalt, renewed contract with Bike skills contractor & renewed Footprint security for Faber Park. SL Lake trail work continues east of Firehall #1 on Lakeshore. Working with Regional District to develop asset management inventory for replacement i.e. Playground
- Sproat Lake Zoning Bylaws Committee Report – proposed new lake zoning in line with Provincial standard and Pump Out Marine facilities to satisfy the Provincial ” No Dumping ” Law and keep our lake water quality. Invasive species signs ” Clean, Drain, Dry Boats “ to avoid unwanted invasive weeds Now Available –2 locations –more locations after approvals . Committee: Joe Van Bergen, Steve Gray, Bette Broome, Joe Monrufet, Bob Cole.
- Sproat Lake Community Hall renovations report Building committee: Brian Cote, Greg Steel, Joe Monrufet. Cloverdale paint has donated paint for the outside Many thanks to Mark & Danielle Marley for their commitment to this project
- Broom Busters: Julie McCaig has been working on Faber Rd. – Volunteers can call to help “Cut Broom in Bloom” springtime.
- Elections of Sproat Lake Community Board of Directors:
- Nominations were called x 3 for each
- President; Greg Steel by Brian Cote – acclaimed
- 1st Vice-President; Brian Cote by Greg Steel
- 2nd Vice-President; Rene Lacoursiere by Joe Monrufet, Mark Marley by Danielle Marley accepted by all to have both for this position
- Secretary: Linda Bowers willing to continue – acclaimed
- Treasurer: Rene Lacoursiere by Roberta Jensen – acclaimed
- Directors (returning) Bette Broome, Nancy Harvey, Roger Loggins, Chris Law, Anne Taylor, Paul Andrew, John Mayba, Joe Van Bergen, Heidi Zimmermann
- Directors (new) Danielle Marley
- Thank you to Stan Kujala who resigned as a SLCA Director and Past President
Old business – Sproat River Weir plates and sweep: Regional District requested Catalyst to return to annual removal of the Weir plates – seems to have helped . The sweep has broken more than once & is a safety concern. Needs to be a contract between Mosaic, Province, Federal, private owner, also needs an Insurance and maintenance plan
- New business: Appointments to Sproat Lake Advisory Planning Committee.
- 8:25pm Thank you for your participation.