SPROAT LAKE COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
DIRECTOR MEETING 01-30-23
SPROAT LAKE HALL
MON. JAN. 30, 2023
CALL TO ORDER: 7:00P.M.
ATTENDING: Nancy Harvey, Brian Cote, Rene Lacoursiere, Linda Bowers, Geo Monrufet, Lauralee Edgell, Greg Steel
ACRD REP: Penny Cote
REGRETS: Linda LaRochelle, Robert Lindores, Mark Molander, Mark & Danielle Marley.
SPECIAL PRESENTATION: BOB COLE volunteered to investigate & gather quotes for potential Heating system improvement for the Hall. Information was presented and discussed. Copy attached.
- Bob & Penny met with Mike Irg Planning Manager and Daniel Sailand CEO, over “ Bob’s” rock. Dating back to 1957 Bob had letter confirmation that the rock should be removed. In original plans for the weir there is info that states the rock should have been excavated. Problem with high water started showing up when the mill stopped removing weir. Bob presented old petitions and info regarding support for rock removal.
- SLCA is to send letter to ACRD in support of rock removal as a priority.
- THANK YOU, BOB, FOR ALL THE INFO AND HARD WORK.
BOB COLE EXCUSED FROM MEETING
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER 7:30P.M.
TREASURER’S REPORT: MOTION BY GREG STEEL TO ACCEPT TREASURER’S REPORT AS PRESENTED BY RENE LACOURSIER 2ND NANCY HARVEY… CARRIED.
MOTION BY LAURALEE EDGELLL 2ND GREG STEEL TO WRITE LETTER TO ACRD TO CONTINUE OUR PARCEL TAX AND REQUEST AN INCREASE. ..CARRIED
SECRETARY’S REPORT: MOTION BY GREG STEEL 2ND LAURALEE EDGELL TO ACCEPT MINUTES AS CIRCULATED BY EMAIL…………CARRIED
MULTI-USE COURT REPORT: Sealant received to temporarily repair cracks in pavement but need to wait for appropriate weather window to apply it. Needs to be above 10C.
SL COMMUNITY HALL:
Nancy thanked everyone who helped clean up the Hall in November. Several loads went to the landfill from under the stage, the back and front storage rooms, & the basement.
Solution for storage of tables & chairs still needed. School board did not have dollies available
Paddlers had issue with key and lock to their basement area. Nancy will check it.
Nancy had notification from Mosaic regarding our lease. Nancy will look at the lease and make sure it pertains to our specific needs. Nancy will discuss renewal with Mosaic.
Hall heating –MOTION BY GREG STEEL TO MOVE FORWARD WITH PROPOSAL ON HEAT PUMPS AS PER BOB’S PROPOSAL 2ND NANCY HARVEY……. DISCUSSION….HEAT PUMP QUALIFIES FOR OUR GRANT MONEY…..CARRIED
Bar area renovation. Greg will ask Danielle Marley if she is still available to design it.
Possible future project – Basement west end of storage area.
Request granted to adjust calendar so that it can be booked every 2nd Fri. when cleaning does not take place.
Court one outside will always be open for drop-in play.
Tour requested with MoT & Mainroad. Penny & Geo attended stake holders meeting and requested tour.
OCP update – To be held a week after AGM in Feb. Penny will be doing a Newsletter to inform public of hearing.
MOTION BY GREG STEEL 2ND LAURALEE EDGELL TO WRITE A LETTER TO ACRD IN SUPPORT OF HAVING BOB’S ROCK BLOWN UP…..CARRIED Nancy will write letter and send to Directors.
Newsletter in being worked on
AGM: Booked for FEB.27TH.
AGM WILL BE HELD VIA ZOOM
Election of officers: All positions open, please submit forms (to Penny), as she is willing to run the 2023/24 election for us.
Invoice for “keep your wake in the middle of the Lake” owed to Bob Cole.
Agreed to reimburse Bob for out-of-pocket expense. MOTION BY GREG STEEL 2ND BRIAN COTE TO PAY BOB COLE FOR SIGNAGE…. CARRIED
Geo Monrufet volunteered to change water filter in basement.
WIFI access being investigated.
Pickleball fencing & Perimeter
Asset management plan needed
SPROAT LAKE COMMUNITY HALL sign and address and sign board to acknowledge donation and trades from renovations.
Committee to install playground on upper field at SL Hall on hold
Derelict dock and float home removal and investigation for a solution. Letter sent to ACRD. The problem continues, SLCA contacted re: docks placed at Provincial parks at Taylor Arm & Fossil Park. Sailboat still at anchor near Sproat Park.
Penny would like to reinstate water testing.
NEXT MEETING: AGM FEB. 27, 7P.M.
ADDENDUM TO MINUTES –
- MOTION THAT THE SLCA SUPPORT THE NEXT WATER TESTING EVENT BY SUBSIDIZING PRIVATE TESTING BY $2.85 EACH. WAITING FOR DISCUSSION