SPROAT LAKE COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION DIRECTOR MEETING
Thursday November 18th, 2021, at 7 pm
Sproat Lake Community Hall
PRESENT: Brian Cote, Geo Monrufet, Linda Bowers, Nancy Harvey, Rene Lacoursiere, Roger Login, Mark Molander
REGRETS: Greg Steel, Veronique Jager, Linda LaRochell, Danielle Marley, Mark Marley, Heidi Zimmermann, Chriss Law, Bet Broome
ACRD REP: Penny Cote
Treasurer’s Report: Presented by Rene Lacoursiere. MOTION BY LINDA BOWERS TO ACCEPT TREASUER’S REPORT AS PRESENT…2ND BY GEO MONRUFET…CARRIED.
Rene will follow up on Lease & Property Tax payment.
Secretary Report: Linda Bowers – MOTION BY MARK MOLANDER TO ACCEPT MINUTES AS CIRCULATED BY EMAIL. 2NDBY NANCY HARVEY…CARRIED.
- Presentation: Jenny Brunn, ACRD General Manager Community Services, AV Rural Regional Organics Diversion Project – Phase 3. Not available for meeting.
- Presentation: Linda Bowers brought forth proposal by Sandra Reid for Sproat Lake Community Email Newsletter. Copy of Proposal attached for all directors to comment on
Multi-use Court report: Failed concrete to be replaced next year.
SL Community Hall:
– COVID-19 SL Community Hall re-opening plan. Hall will follow Provincial Health Restrictions guideline.
- Front deck expansion proposal has been given verbal approval by Mosaic. Request to submit application for building permit. Mark Marley is contractor
- MOTION BY NANCY HARVEY TO PROCEED WITH BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATION FOR DECK EXPANSION. 2NDROGER LOGIN…CARRIED.
- Contractor still to complete basement ceiling and bar storage area.
- Hall security system installed Tuesday September 7th, 2021. Director technician training was October 20th, 2021. Discussion on setting the alarm and codes. More training pending.
Road Committee: No report
Hall Rental Committee: No report
Website: Sproatlakecommunityassociation.com: update on hosting renewals, and looking for more ways to drive traffic to website to increase page rank.
- Weir plates in the river. Penny advised that Weir plates were not put in this Spring, so not necessary to take them out.
- Dog Mountain slides occurring – Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resources observation was attached in earlier email, awaiting Geotech report.
- SLCA AGM and elections for end of February or beginning of March 2022. ZOOM OR IN PERSON?
- All Directors are asked to respond to Penny or Greg with their opinion.
- There will be a MOTION AT NEXT MEETING to increase the number of directors on the SLCA board. Our constitution is limited to 12 but it is felt that more is better. Motion will be to increase that number to ?? also Motion to hold AGM in person or zoom.
- Purchase of hall tables was delivered October 4th, 2021. Cart is too tall for under the stage and does not fit through storage door. Chair cart should fit through storage door?
- Bob & Rob Cole cleaned up under stage and took all old wooden tables and disposed of old junk. Nancy volunteered to go through chairs and see what is salvageable.
- SPROAT LAKE COMMUNITY HALL sign and address and sign board to acknowledge donation and trades from renovations. Penny will approach sign company and get a mock up of Hall Address sign. Donation sign on hold until project is finished.
- Committee to install playground on upper field at SL Hall to be determined.
- Request for plan and Lake Arm watchers for campfires when banned brought forward.
- Derelict dock and float home removal and investigation for a solution. Complaints can be put forward on the RAPP LINE (poaching & pollution) Provincial Government through a Violation Report Form.
- Future Social Committee carried forward.
- Unauthorized RV’s along Great Central Lake Road being dealt with by ACRD
- ACRD report
* Re Zoning by-law next steps will be a meeting on Dec. 6/21, followed by Open House. Changes are ongoing.
* Re Flood Watershed review update will be released shortly.
* Housing needs study complete for AV rural areas