SPROAT LAKE COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
THURSDAY APRIL 8TH, 2021 at 7 pm
MEETING VIA ZOOM DUE TO COVID 19
ATTENDING: Greg Steele, Brian Cote, Geo Monrufet, Linda Bowers, Nancy Harvey, Veronique Jager, Linda LaRochelle, Danielle Marley, Heidi Zimmermann, Rene Lacoursiere
REGRETS: Mark Marley, Roger Login
ACRD REP: Penny Cote
PRESENTERS: Gary Rutter, Len Doumont, Greg Steel & Brian Cote (unavailable-Mark Marley) for the pickleball project.
CALL TO ORDER: Greg Steel, President welcomed everyone to zoom meeting.
TREASURER’S REPORT: MOTION BY LINDA LAROCHELLE 2ND BY GEO MONRUFET TO ACCEPT TREASURER’S REPORT AS PRESENTED BY RENE LACOURSIERE CARRIED.
MOTION BY BRIAN COTE 2ND DANIELLE MARLEY TO RENEW $10,000 GIC NOT BEING LOCKED IN SO THAT FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE ON DEMAND…CARRIED
MOTION BY LINDA BOWERS 2nd BY DANIELLE MARLEY TO HAVE A PRE -APPROVED SPENDING BUDGET OF $400 FOR PICKLEBALL MAINTENACE FOR COURT UPKEEP RE EQUIPMENT AND COURT CLEANING. BUDGET TO BE MANAGED BY SLCA TREASURER….CARRIED
Directors Liability Insurance and Hall Insurance needs to be paid. Rene will take care of it.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Linda Bowers – Minutes circulated by email. MOTION BY DANIELLE MARLEY 2ND BY GEO MONRUFET TO ACCEPT MINUTES AS CIRCULATED BY EMAIL…..CARRIED
PRSENTATION: Gary, Len, Greg & Brian to present plans for refurbishment of old Tennis court.
Gary Rutter outlined proposal. Copy circulated by email.
GARY RUTTER AND LEN DOUMONT LEFT MEETING
MOTION BY LINDA BOWERS, 2ND DANIELLE MARLEY THE SLCA DIRECTORS APPROVE THE PROPOSED MULTI-USE COURT DEVELOPMENT PLAN AS PRESENTED FOR THE EXISTING TENNIS COURT, IN BAD CONDITION, AT THE SPROAT LAKE COMMUNITY HALL PROPERTY FOR THE ENJOYMENT OF THE COMMUNITY. FURTHER, THAT THE SLCA TREASURER SIGN A CONTRACT WITH THE ACRD TO RECEIVE A COMMUNITY WORKS GRANT IN THE AMOUNT OF $75,000.00 FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT….CARRIED
SL COMMUNITY HALL:
- COVID-19 Community Hall closure until further notice.
- Front Deck expansion proposal. Mosaic contact to be made to discuss deck footprint. Greg will address contact with Penny.
- Regular cleaning contract should be put off for another month.
- Bar/Storage expansion project ongoing.
- Community Works Grant (Gas Tax) ACRD 2021 budget confirmed for hall grants.
- SPROAT LAKE COMMUNITY HALL sign and address. Mark looking at that.
- Hall access key lock box for emergency AED Code #9346 was not removed as problem was dealt with. Fire emergency exit had unintentionally been left ajar. All pickleball groups playing have all been notified and everyone is aware that if it happens again the key will be removed.
- Sproat Lake Watershed Flood study complete and presented to the Board and next steps. The ACRD has asked for a review of the study.
- The removal of Bob’s rock is included in the Watershed Flood study so therefore has to wait until review is complete.
- Request to submit to Coastal fire center to continue the brush clean up behind the sign and to Bomber Base Rd. Greg would like Mosaic approval to request to clean brush up where the sign is. Penny will talk to fire chief.
- BC Lake Stewardship society re reduce wake boat wash. There will be a forum April 28, 9:30-11:30. on effects of wake boat waves.
- ACRD establishing zoning bylaws for foreshore Development Variance Permits (DVP) to project out from high water mark similar to upland DVP’s. This zoning will provide Provincial size standard recommendations for docks and walkways.
- Signage at Boat Launch for Lake Etiquette. COVID dictating what marine patrol will be able to do this year. They could hand out pamphlets to boaters. Penny will work with ACRD Staff to get signage. Newsletter will be another way to put forth boating etiquette. Penny would like to see Lake Watch re-established.
- MOTION BY BRIAN COTE 2ND BY RENE LACOURSIERE TO PROVIDE WENDY THOMPSON WITH THANKYOU CARD AND GIFT CERTIFICATE IN THE AMOUNT OF $100 FOR HELPING ORGANIZIE OUR AGM ELECTIONS. DANIELLE WILL TAKE CARE OF THIS…..CARRIED
- Linda LaRochelle brought up light pollution around the Lake. Penny will address the issue in the next Newsletter.
Sproat River sweep replacement request update. Consultation with partners still required. Mosaic willing to discuss it.
Mosaic free firewood permits are being issued for Stirling Arm cut block by Penny.
Thank you Penny Cote for organizing Zoom SLCA AGM .
Linda LaRochelle would like to see a Hall Committee formed to encourage Hall programing. Linda will look into insurance required for events.