SPROAT LAKE COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION DIRECTORS MEETING
MON. JAN. 20TH, 2020 AT 7PM
SPAT LAKE COMMUNITY CENTRE
Attending: Greg Steel, Joe Van Bergen, Brian Cote, Geo Monrufet, Linda Bowers, Mark Marley, Nancy Harvey, Paul Andrews, Ann Taylor, Heidi Zimmermann
ACRD REP: Penny Cote
Regrets: John Mayba, Rene Lacoursiere ,
Called to order: Greg Steel 7:15p.m.
Treasurer’s Report: MOTION TO PAY OUTSTANDING BILLS FOR COFFEE POT AND SUPPLLIES MOTION BY JOE VANBERGEN 2ND HEIDI ZIMMERMANN…CARRIED
Secretary’s Report: Minutes circulated by email. MOTION TO ACCEPT MINUTES AS CIRCULATED BY EMAIL. MOTION BY NANCY HARVEY 2ND MARK MARLEY CARRIED
SL COMMUNITY HALL UPDATE :
- Hall renovations update and next steps – Counters should be in next week. Mark cut quote by plumber in half so he will do it.
- Kitchen cabinets completed (stainless countertops)
- Appliance update (Fridge and hood vent) – Range to be delivered on Wed. Hood Fan to be ordered. Fridge damaged, hopefully picked up on Wed. and replace.
- The back railing completed
- Interior and exterior painting planned for early 2000
- Mark to look at another quote for painting of inside hall. 1st quote was $7,000. Geo questioned if we are able to give tax receipt for donation. Penny will check with ACRD. After kitchen completed move forward with painting.
- Front deck expansion proposal Needs building permit. Engineered drawings for deck.
- Rental Committee to meet to develop policy and terms
- Insurance review 2020 –
- New Year’s Eve Event successful. Thank you to Linda Bowers MOTION BY LINDA BOWERS THAT PICKLEBALL FUNDS DONATED FROM NEW YEARS DANCE CREATE A RESERVE FOR FLOOR REFINISHING AND TO INVESTIGATE COSTS 2ND BY PAUL ANDREWS….CARRIED
- Requested heat for kitchen. Mark quoted heater for kitchen $671.00.
- Mark will talk to Dolan re heater noise.
- Purchase tables – Penny will price out tables. 150 hall capacity.
- Regular cleaning contract – Paulette’s cleaning bi-weekly. Bonded and Insured. $30/Hr.
- Go ahead with Bob’s suggestion to clean under stage.
Zoning By-Law Update: New zoning for Docks and Riparian waterfront development. Joe VanBergen gave report. Info on ACRD website
Cannabis Public information and Bill 5 and 52: The SLCA hosted 2 Cannabis information sessions to inform the community of concerns regarding cannabis cultivation. Public Hearing scheduled for Monday February 18, 2020 at Cherry Creek Hall. The Farmers Institute Meeting regarding Bill 15 and Bill 52 is January 28th at Gyro Youth Centre. Penny has list of questions that are being proposed. Copy sent to all directors.
- “Clean, Drain, Dry” signage to stop the spread of Aquatic Invasive Species. ACRD taken the lead.
- SLCA Group Water Test winter testing scheduled for Monday Mar.2, 2020.
- SLCA AGM scheduled for Monday February 24, 2020 at the SL Community Hall at 7pm.
- Newsletter notice to be sent for water test and SLCA AGM
- Agenda Items -Send Penny agenda suggestions Joe Vanbergen suggests Pump Station.
- SLCA Directors election -Penny Cote to take on nominations for Directors.
- New Door in Bar area to be priced out by Mark.
- Crown land permanent pollution containment boom anchorage does it need permission. Individual resident sent letter to Front Counter B.C. re Disposition of Crown Land. SLCA will be advised of response.
- ACRD tipping fees
- SL Volunteer appreciation pizza successful. Risk heat mapping exercise results attached. Identified what people thought were high priorities for our community. Report attached.
- – Review and update Terms of Reference and develop an asset management plan with Societies Act and update rental agreements and procedures and SLCA Directors terms of reference.