SPROAT LAKE COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
MON. MARCH 1ST, 2021
Meeting ID: 9498107 8125
Penny Cote, Director ACRD, Sproat Lake welcomed all residents of the Sproat Lake Area for attending via zoom. There were 67+ people in the meeting. Meeting was being filmed. Thank you ACRD for hosting.
CALL TO ORDER: 7:11pm by Greg Steel
- Greg Steel welcomed everyone and thanked Penny Cote for organizing.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA: MOTION OF ACCEPTANCE OF AGENDA BY NANCY BLAIR 2ND BRIAN COTE ….CARRIED
MINUTES OF FEB.24TH, 2020 SLCA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING ARE AVAILABLE ON THE SLCA WEBSITE. MOTION TO ACCEPT MINUTES BY LINDA BOWERS 2ND JOHN MAYBA…CARRIED
TREASURER’S REPORT: ON SLCA WEBSITE. MOTION BY NANCY HARVEY TO ACCEPT AS PRESENTED 2ND RYAN TURNER…CARRIED
DELEGATES, PETITIONS & PRESENTATIONS
Presented by Terry Fong & Mike Irg
- Alberni-Clayoquot Regional District (ACRD) 2021-2025 draft financial plan presented by the ACRD Finance Staff. Copies of the Financial Plan available on the ACRD website:
- bc.ca or by calling ACRD office at 250-720-2700
- ACRD staff report on Short Term Vacation Rentals- Temporary Use Permit Policy.
- – Ticketing for non compliance is an option. Enforcement will be put to collections.
- ACRD staff report on Ticketing Bylaws
- ACRD looking at illegal camping around the Sproat Lake Area. ACRD Directors meeting this week to discuss.
- SLMP is expected to be active on the Lake this summer. Lobbying RCMP for more presence on Sproat Lake. (not approved yet)
- ACRD staff update on Hydrology Flood Assessment for Sproat Lake. Mike Irg directed all questions and concerns to his office.
- Sproat Lake Zoning Bylaws – proposed new lake zoning are available on ACRD web site.
- Mosaic cut blocks and tours report- Pam Jorgenson presented with Colin Koszman.
- Firewood for community and increased access.
- Sproat Lake Volunteer Fire Department report- attached and on Website.
- Sproat Lake Parks and Trails Commission report- Joe Lamoureux -attached and on website.
- Sproat Lake Community Hall renovations report- Presented by Greg Steel copy attached.
- SLCA ELECTION OF OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS
- Meeting turned over to Penny Cote – Nomination deadline was Fri. Feb. 28. 2021
- MOTION TO ACCEPT THE FULL SLATE OF SPROAT LAKE COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION DIRECTORS’ NOMINATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS AS RECEIVED BY THE NOMINATING COMMITTEE BY THE FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 26TH, 2021 DEADLINE AS FOLLOWS:
- PRESIDENT – GREG STEEL
- 1ST VICE PRESIDENT – BRIAN COTE
- 2ND VICE PRESIDENT – GEO MONRUFET
- TREASURER – RENE LACOURSIERE
- SECRETARY – LINDA BOWERS
- DIRECTORS-AT-LARGE: BET BROOME, NANCY HARVEY, VERONIQUE JAGER, LINDA LAROCHELL, ROGER LOGGIN, DANIELLE MARLEY, MARK MARLEY, MARK MOLANDER & HEIDI ZIMMERMANN.
- CHRIS LAW’S NAME WAS RECEIVED ON TIME AND ADDED TO LIST OF DIRECTORS.
- MOTION TO ACCEPT BY WENDY SANDER 2ND BY NANCY BLAIR….NO OBJECTIONS….CARRIED (REPEATED 3 TIMES)…NO OBJECTIONS CONGRATULATE NEW BOARD OF DIRECTORS.
- MEETING TURNED BACK TO GREG STEEL.
- Sproat Lake Weir plates maintenance ongoing as are discussions on sweep.
- Community Works Funds for pickle ball courts, hall deck and storage renovation in progress.
- Request for a future Social Committee will be discussed at next regular board meeting.
- Illegal homeless campsite- at Boot Lagoon. RCMP has opened a file on the campsite.
Water source test bottles and requisition forms are available at the ACRD office for self-testing. Please call 250-720-2700 to arrange for a contactless pick-up. SLCA group water testing will be considered in the summer or fall of 2021 providing COVID-19 restrictions are not in place.
Penny thanked everyone for their patience and attendance.